What the ToS Residents Association Has Done
- Established an ad hoc library committee in 2015
- Organized fiction by author; nonfiction by category.
- Labeled shelves to make books easy to find and re-shelf.
- Built 42 free-standing book shelves to accommodate 500 more books
- Redecorated common areas with resident-generated arts and crafts
- Hosted resident art exhibits and receptions open to public
- Contributed arts and crafts for sale and auction to support nonprofit fundraising activities.
- Brought daily delight with our dogs to our elders in Assisted Living
- Installed resident-donated perennials to our exterior landscaping
- Installed rhubarb, strawberry plants and fruit trees.
- Created a compost-diversion program.
What We Have Dreams to Do
- Build and maintain our Little Free Library while networking with others in the area.
- Devise an affordable outdoor window-washing system for Top of the Square.
- Provide our Assisted Living neighbors with hearty greens from our garden through Winter Solstice.
- Provide seasonal greens and fruit from our community garden available to all living here.
- Develop a more user-friendly media center to better serve people with sight and hearing impairments for trainings, seminars and entertainment programs.
- Have enough Car Share subscribers in our neighborhood to have a car pod situated in Lakeside garage for more convenient access.
- Expand our spirituality spectrum to better accommodate non-Christian practitioners.
- Create more affordable bed bug prevention program catering to needs of travelers and house guests.
- Provide ear protection for residents confined to building during quarterly fire alarm drills.
- Develop affordable refurbishment of glider rockers and exercise equipment.
- Develop a system to affordably refit second-hand hearing aids to new users.
Interested in Helping? We’d love to hear from you!
Email us at TopOfTheSquare@gmail.com.