The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of administrative functions to facilitate the efficient operation of Cathedral Square Senior Living.
- Acts as the primary contact for persons calling or visiting Assisted Living office.
- Answers telephone using an agreed upon protocol, forwards calls as appropriate, takes messages and manages voicemail system.
- Greets visitors, informs staff member of visitor’s arrival and ensures that the wait time is comfortable.
- Presents a professional office demeanor that emphasizes customer service.
- Manage daily schedule and tasks for CSSL team.
- Ensure there are appropriate staff persons on duty to meet the needs of the facility 24 hours per day 7 days a week.
- Manage staff list, titles, scheduled hours and contact numbers for scheduling purposes.
- Contact external agency for staffing when in house staff list is exhausted.
- Post Master and Draft schedules in two week increments 4 weeks at a time to allow staff time to pick up open shifts, review needs for exchanges and CTO planning.
- Communicate with staff regarding any scheduling changes.
- Communicate any changes to housekeeping, maintenance, Rosary, Communion and other schedule changes that will impact resident assistants.
- Communicates resident issues or concerns to appropriate staff.
- Provides administrative support to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation.
- Maintain scheduled appointments for all residents with transportation, in house appointments such as hair salon and foot care.
- In collaboration with the RA staff, LPN and RN continually update the RA group sheet and assignment schedules.
- File and maintain resident medical records.
- Manage filing and reporting systems for resident falls and incidents.
- Attend, participate and take minutes for all staff meetings and training’s.
- Performs general administrative functions.
- Prepares letters, memos and other correspondence.
- Designs and formats basic spreadsheets and enters data.
- Performs routine clerical support, such as faxing, photocopying, e-mail, etc.
- Prepares and distributes meeting agendas and takes minutes at meetings as needed.
- Coordinates conference rooms, AV equipment, oversees food and beverage as needed.
- Sorts incoming mail, dates mail and distributes as appropriate.
- Sorts outgoing mail, ensuring appropriate postage, packaging, insurance, etc.
- Develops and maintains filing systems.
- Orders office supplies and maintains appropriate inventory.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Attends CSC staff meetings.
- Completes required Relias training’s.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and at least one year of clerical experience. The ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work with frequent interruption is required. Must possess a customer service orientation and the ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with others. Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, calculators, etc. Experience using Microsoft Office is required. Must be able to type at least 35 wpm. Must be able to work well in a high stress work environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
CSC Standards of Conduct:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of CSC.
- Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with co-workers, residents, families and vendors.
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of information related to residents, families, staff and general CSC operations.
- Communicates a positive image about CSC to the community.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and proactively seeks to make improvements to systems and processes.
- Maintains a professional appearance that is appropriate for his/her position.
- Reports to work on time, provides advance notice for time off, completes time card in Evoclock accurately and appropriately manages CTO time.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity in work habits and use of CSC resources.
- CSC’s mission and operations require that an employee is prepared to perform duties as assigned that may be outside his/her principle responsibilities.
Note: Non-Essential Duties are noted with an asterisk.