Responsible for a full range of property maintenance duties including painting, heating and ventilation troubleshooting and repair, responding to work orders, minor plumbing and electrical work, snow shoveling, landscaping and custodial. Daily assignments will vary due to the site and availability of other maintenance staff. He/she will also be on call for maintenance emergencies.
- Property Maintenance and Repairs:
- Responds to resident complaints involving HVAC and performs necessary repairs such as changing zone valves, thermostats, bleeding heat lines, etc.
- Responds to plumbing problems and perform necessary repairs such as repairing leaky faucets, replacing drain pipes, auguring drains, leaking toilets, etc.
- Checks work orders daily and performs necessary repairs to the highest quality standards.
- Works with contractors to complete work to CSC standards.
- Apartment Turnovers:
- Patches and paints apartments according to CSC standards.
- Cleans units and appliances to like new condition.
- Cleans or removes carpet as determined by the Supervisor.
- Strips and waxes floors.
- Completes apartment turnover checklist.
- Adheres to turn over schedule and communicates to Supervisor any problems associated with the turnover schedule.
- Communicates with SASH Coordinators about turnover progress.
- Snow Removal and Landscaping:
- Shovels snow, operates snow blower and salts walks at assigned locations (snow removal must be started by 8:00 a.m.).
- Maintains high standards of safety with walk ways to minimize resident slip/fall risks.
- Maintains ice melt inventories.
- Coordinates snow cleanup of parking areas with plow companies and SASH Coordinators.
- Performs a wide range of landscaping duties, such as weeding, mulching, roto-tilling, tree and shrub planting, mowing, trimming, etc.
- Performs Other General Duties:
- Orders parts and supplies needed to maintain a level of inventory required to minimize travel for parts/supplies.
- Responsible for being on-call for emergency night or weekend coverage for all CSC properties (this is a weekly rotation schedule). Must be able to respond within 20 minutes. Completes an incident report and submits it to the Supervisor.
- Actively participates in the clean up of floods or other major damage.
- Performs other duties as assigned such as exterior painting, building flower beds, snow blower servicing, installing and removing air conditioners, etc.
- Performs general custodial duties as needed.
- May fill in for other staff during leaves or vacations.
- Attends CSC employee meetings and maintenance department staff meetings.
- Property Maintenance and Repairs:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and at least one year of experience in property maintenance. Must have a valid Vermont driver’s license and reliable transportation. Ability to perform physical activities associated with maintenance work is required.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
- Ability to adapt to changing work conditions.
- Employee must participate on an on-call emergency coverage rotation, including snow removal on weekends and early morning.
- Ability to perform physical activities associated with maintenance work such as snow shoveling, working in narrow cramped places and working on knees is required.
CSC Standards of Conduct:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of CSC.
- Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with co-workers, residents, families and vendors.
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of information related to residents, families, staff and general CSC operations.
- Communicates a positive image about CSC to the community.
- Conducts him/herself in a safe manner by adhering to all safety practices, rules and standards throughout the work day.
- Demonstrates the commitment to quality and proactively seeks to make improvements to systems and processes.
- Maintains a professional appearance that is appropriate for his/her position.
- Reports to work on time, provides advance notice for time off, completes timecard accurately and appropriately manages CTO time.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity in work habits and use of CSC resources.
- CSC’s mission and operations require that an employee is prepared to perform duties as assigned that may be outside his/her principle responsibilities.
Note: Non-Essential Duties are noted with an asterisk.