Performs a variety of cleaning duties in common areas including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, cleaning carpet, buffing, stripping and waxing floors.
- Clean Common Areas
- Clean dining rooms.
- Clean laundry rooms.
- Vacuum common areas.
- Vacuum office areas if applicable.
- Clean common bathrooms.
- Clean staff bathrooms.
- Perform buffing and waxing of floors.
- Maintain building accessibility and appearance including trash removal.
- Snow removal of sidewalks
- Maintain Equipment and Supplies
- Inventory cleaning supplies and order through Supervisor.*
- Insure all cleaning equipment is in safe and proper working condition.
- Perform other general duties
- Work independently and as part of a team to carry out job duties
- Communicate in a positive and respectful manner with residents, co-workers, family members and visitors.
- Provide back-up for other custodial staff as needed.
- Attend CSC staff meetings and other staff meetings.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent. Prior cleaning experience preferred. Prior experience working with seniors or individuals with disabilities preferred. Good communication skills and a friendly demeanor are required. Must be detail-oriented.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Exposure to chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Must be able to lift/push up to 25 pounds.
- Exposure to body fluids, infection, odors and behavior of residents.
- Must be able to walk, lift, carry, stand, bend, squat, reach and kneel using good body mechanics for sustained periods of time.
- May operate buffer and snow removal equipment.
CSC Standards of Conduct:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of CSC.
- Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with co-workers, residents, families and vendors.
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of information related to residents, families, staff and general CSC operations.
- Communicates a positive image about CSC to the community.
- Conducts him/herself in a safe manner by adhering to all safety practices, rules and standards throughout the work day.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and proactively seeks to make improvements to systems and processes.
- Maintains a professional appearance that is appropriate for his/her position.
- Reports to work on time, completes time card accurately in Evoclock, provides advance notice for time off, and appropriately manages CTO time.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity in work habits and use of CSC resources.
- CSC’s mission and operations require that an employee is prepared to perform duties as assigned that may be outside his/her principal responsibilities.