Performs a variety of cleaning duties in resident apartments. The service includes vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, dusting, laundry and other cleaning services, as needed. Good people skills are required as the Homemaker is constantly communicating with residents and working in their homes.
- Clean Resident Apartments
- Vacuum all floors
- Clean bathroom – including mopping floors, clean tub/shower, sink and toilet.
- Clean kitchen – including mopping floors, clean sink and counters.
- Perform light dusting.
- Report any resident concerns to appropriate staff person.
- Additional service tasks, if included in services offered by property
- Resident laundry – taking basket to laundry room and starting load and moving to dryer when complete and then return clean laundry in basket to resident. Resident supplies laundry in basket, laundry detergent and quarters for coin-operated machines.
- Removing linens from bed and putting clean linens on bed.
- Trash removal from resident apartment to trash shoots, dumpster or trash room.
- Maintain Equipment and Supplies
- Resident provides all cleaning supplies for apartment.
- Resident is responsible for maintaining any supplied cleaning equipment in safe operating condition.
- Perform other general duties
- Work independently and as part of a team to carry out job duties.
- Available to help with a variety of cleaning duties in common areas including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, buffing and waxing floors when needed.
- Communicate in a positive and respectful manner with residents, co-workers, family members and visitors. Accept direction from residents on preferences as is reasonable.
- Maintain boundaries of duties of homemaker and bring requests beyond job description to Supervisor in a timely-manner.
- Provide back-up for other housekeeping staff as needed.
- Attend CSC staff meetings and other staff meetings.
CSC Standards of Conduct:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of CSC.
- Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with co-workers, residents, families and vendors.
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of information related to residents, families, staff and general CSC operations.
- Communicates a positive image about CSC to the community.
- Conducts him/herself in a safe manner by adhering to all safety practices, rules and standards throughout the work day.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and proactively seeks to make improvements to systems and processes.
- Maintains a professional appearance that is appropriate for his/her position.
- Reports to work on time, provides advance notice for time off, completes timesheets accurately and appropriately manages CTO time.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity in work habits and use of CSC resources.
- CSC’s mission and operations require that an employee is prepared to perform duties as assigned that may be outside his/her principle responsibilities.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent. Prior cleaning experience preferred. Prior experience working with seniors or individuals with disabilities preferred. Good communication skills, a friendly demeanor, and the ability to work independently, is required. Must be detail-oriented.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Exposure to chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Must be able to lift/push up to 25 pounds.
- Exposure to body fluids, infection, odors and behavior of residents.
- Must be able to walk, lift, carry, stand, bend, squat, reach and kneel using good body mechanics for sustained periods of time.
Note: Non-Essential Duties are noted with an asterisk.