The Occupancy and Compliance Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support for the Occupancy and Compliance Manager. The Occupancy and Compliance Specialist is responsible for processing paperwork to verify residents meet regulatory set-aside requirements of the property. Job responsibilities include interviewing housing applicants/residents and preparing data for entry into Property Management software regarding Occupancy (Interim and Annual Re-certifications). Assists with resident records documentation to comply with appropriate affordable housing regulations. He/she will perform housing re-certifications which will require traveling to Cathedral Square communities and meeting with residents.
Annual Re-certification Files:
- Check BostonPost monthly to ensure that all residents who need re-certification have been re-certified.
- Prepares individual files for each resident in need of re-certification at each of our sites.
- Travels to Cathedral Square sites to conduct resident interviews and obtain signatures on re-certification paperwork.
- Regularly checks outstanding third-party verification paperwork for return and follows up with agencies/individuals to ensure verification’s are received in a timely manner.
- Processes all Annual and Interim certifications in Boston Post, including Transfers and Move Outs as needed.
- Ensures all necessary documentation is in order.
- Regularly audits resident files to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Assists Intake Specialists and Resident Finance Associate, as needed and covers for these positions in their absence.
- Ensures compliance with HUD, LIHTC, HOME, and RD regulations for all re-certification, billing, and reporting requirements.
- Assists in Special Claims preparation, submission, and tracking.
- Coordinates with local housing authorities for residents who have a Section 8 voucher.
- Runs reports from BostonPost as requested.
- Acts as system administrator for BostonPost.
- Administrative Support:
- Assists Occupancy and Compliance Manager with special projects.
- Attends meetings with Occupancy and Compliance Manager.
- Handles administrative duties for Occupancy and Compliance Manager including filing, copying, and scheduling meetings.
- Performs Other General Duties:
- Answers resident questions regarding regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to all fair housing, local landlord and tenant laws and regulations.
CSC Standards of Conduct:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of CSC.
- Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with co-workers, residents, families and vendors.
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of information related to residents, families, staff and general CSC operations.
- Communicates a positive image about CSC to the community.
- Conducts him/herself in a safe manner by adhering to all safety practices, rules and standards throughout the work day.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and proactively seeks to make improvements to systems and processes.
- Maintains a professional appearance that is appropriate for his/her position.
- Reports to work on time, completes time card accurately in Evoclock, provides advance notice for time off, and appropriately manages CTO time.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity in work habits and use of CSC resources.
- CSC’s mission and operations require that an employee is prepared to perform duties as assigned that may be outside his/her principal responsibilities.
- Must have an Associates degree or equivalent experience. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills. The ability to maintain confidentiality, work independently and communicate well with residents is critical. Experience with the MSWord and Excel are required. Knowledge of housing regulations and prior work with databases is preferred. Must possess excellent customer service skills, a valid Vermont drivers’ license and reliable transportation.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry 25 pounds.
- Travel to Cathedral Square communities is required.
Note: Non-Essential Duties are noted with an asterisk.