Serve as project manager of affordable housing for older adults. Oversee the construction and rehabilitation of CSC housing projects and provide information and technical assistance that will enhance CSC projects and operations. Work as a vital member of the real estate development team in strengthening the organization’s capacity and furthering its mission.
- Design development of CSC development projects
- Coordinate with CSC staff and development partners to secure input regarding plans and specifications and product selection.
- Represent the interests of CSC in meetings with project developers, architects and contractors.
- Maintain information on successful products and design concepts.
- Incorporate accessibility and universal design into project plans and specs.
- Develop and manage FFE budget.
- Construction and rehabilitation of CSC projects
- Oversee procurement and bidding of construction services.
- Attend project meetings, participate as the owner’s representative and problem solve with project team. Help the project maintain budget and schedule.
- Track construction progress and report on changing conditions and issues as they affect project budget or quality of construction.
- Oversee change orders.
- Secure additional professional services if needed (ex. clerk of the works).
- Manage punch list.
- Transition from Development to Operations
- Manage set up of new building including FFE purchases & coordination.
- Manage transition coordination between departments in advance of opening.
- Coordinate building training for maintenance and custodial departments.
- Hold building trainings for residents, CSC staff, etc. as needed.
- Manage warranty.
- Applications, Compliance and Reporting
- Understand the project and organizational issues and represent same to funders, public officials, professionals, and others in a professional manner.
- Assist with specific tasks related to a project such as coordination of consultants, procurement of consultants and product selection and research.
- Prepare supporting documentation and reporting and assist throughout the project, coordinating with multiple grant and financing entities.
- Coordinate with other CSC staff and partners regarding project progress, ensuring that co-workers have adequate notice in order to meet their respective responsibilities related to the project.
- Review and understand grant requirements to ensure project compliance.
- Review and understand permit conditions to ensure project compliance.
- Maintain records and reports.
- Organizational Capacity and Growth
- Problem solve and implement solutions for CSC building communities.
- Assist Director in the redevelopment of the existing project portfolio, as needed, including portfolio, energy efficiency and accessibility improvements.
- Seek grant opportunities and write grant applications as appropriate.
- Participate in community hearings, meetings and workshops on housing as needed.
- Provide Technical Assistance to outside entities as appropriate.
- Liaise with other CSC departments including serving as a resource on products and design for older adults and persons with disabilities.
- Lead educational efforts to advance CSC’s mission and the development of affordable housing.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related field (Community Development, Public Administration, Business, liberal arts preferred) and three years of experience in construction or affordable housing development. Must possess good analytical skills and familiarity with Excel spreadsheets. Must possess the ability to problem solve and handle multiple projects at a time. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have a can-do attitude and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team player. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Requires a willingness to travel throughout the State.
CSC Standards of Conduct:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of CSC.
- Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with co-workers, residents, families and vendors.
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of information related to residents, families, staff and general CSC operations.
- Communicates a positive image of CSC to the community.
- Conducts him/herself in a safe manner by adhering to all safety practices, rules and standards throughout the work day.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and proactively seeks to make improvements to systems and processes.
- Maintains a professional appearance that is appropriate for his/her position.
- Reports to work on time, provides advance notice for time off, completes timesheets accurately and appropriately manages CTO time.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity in work habits and use of CSC resources.
- CSC’s mission and operations require that an employee is prepared to perform duties as assigned that may be outside his/her principle responsibilities.