The Property Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations at the properties he/she is assigned to, including; building a trusting relationship with residents, creating a sense of community among residents, and be in compliance of all regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for day to day oversight of assigned properties.
- Maintains visibility and good communications with residents. Responds to resident concerns and issues.
- Works with Intake Specialist to fill vacant units.
- Works with partner agencies and case managers by attending monthly meeting to support residents.
- Provides tours of the property.
- Mediates resident disputes and enforces compliance with resident leases and property rules.
- Coordinates with the Maintenance Department to ensure timely completion of work orders and property maintenance issues, reasonable accommodation requests.
- Document resident issues and correspondence in data program
- Coordinates resident activity program.
- Establishes contacts with community agencies to provide activities and services as needed.
- Solicit donations for community meals and activities at the properties.
- Publishes monthly activity calendar and newsletter for each property location.
- Performs other general duties.
- Collects rent and resident payments, laundry income and maintains petty cash.
- Works independently and as part of a team to carry out job duties.
- Communicates in a positive and respectful manner with residents, co-workers, visitors and family members.
- Attends Team and CSC staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CSC Standards of Conduct:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, mission and values of CSC.
- Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with co-workers, residents, families and vendors.
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of information related to residents, families, staff and general CSC operations.
- Communicates a positive image about CSC to the community.
- Conducts him/herself in a safe manner by adhering to all safety practices, rules and standards throughout the work day.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and proactively seeks to make improvements to systems and processes.
- Maintains a professional appearance that is appropriate for his/her position.
- Reports to work on time, provides advance notice for time off, completes Evoclock timesheets accurately and appropriately manages CTO time.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity in work habits and use of CSC resources.
- CSC’s mission and operations require that an employee is prepared to perform duties as assigned that may be outside his/her principle accountabilities.
- Must possess a high school diploma. A degree in Social Work, Business or related field is preferred. At least one year of experience managing properties and knowledge of HUD, LIHTC and other applicable housing regulations is preferred. Prior experience working with seniors or individuals with disabilities and knowledge of community services available for seniors is preferred. Must possess good interpersonal communication skills and be able to relate to a wide variety of people. The ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations and display good decision-making abilities is critical to the success of this position. Must possess good analytical skills and the ability to work with Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Publisher. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Exposure to chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Must be able to lift/push up to 25 pounds.
- Exposure to body fluids, infection and odors and behavior of residents.
- Must be adaptable to working in a high stress work environment.
- May require daily travel to various property sites.
- The Property Manager may be required to provide on-call coverage as needed.