Grand Way Commons, located on Farrell Street just off of Shelburne Road, offers 91 one- and two-bedroom apartments. Part of the first floor is home to the main offices of Cathedral Square, HomeShare Vermont, United Way of Northwest Vermont and the UVM Home Health and Hospice’s Memory Care Program. The Memory Care Program is available to the public, as well as to residents at Grand Way, providing a place for older adults with physical or mental limitations to socialize, recreate and participate in activities in a safe and supervised setting.
Accessible to residents on the first floor is a commercial kitchen and dining area. Supermarkets, pharmacies, eateries and retail stores are located just across the street on both Farrell Street and Shelburne Road. This property offers tax-credit homes and some subsidized apartments. Grand Way Commons also accepts Section 8 vouchers and is a SASH location, with an on-site SASH coordinator.
- 91 independent one- or two-bedroom apartments
- Located just off Shelburne Road, close to shopping centers, health clubs, downtown Burlington and the University of Vermont Medical Center
- Underground and on-site parking
- VNA Adult Day Program on-site
- Social, educational and recreational activities program
- Secured entry
- 24-hour emergency system
- Laundry facilities on every floor
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, cable television and internet service
- Discounted cable rates
- On Green Mountain Transit bus line
- On-site SASH coordinator
- Wellness nursing visits
- Smoke-free housing