In 1992, Cathedral Square Corporation began assisting the homeowners of Williston Woods, a manufactured home community for people age 55 and older, in forming a housing cooperative. In 1993, the homeowner cooperative purchased the land and Cathedral Square now manages the community and provides resident services coordination. Williston Woods is a cooperative of 112 manufactured homes. New owners buy a share in the cooperative and purchase the home from individual owners at fair market value.
Lots are wooded with surrounding open land. The cooperative is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of residents. Residents are encouraged to participate in the committees that organize many recreational and social activities. The Activity Center includes a large community room, commercial kitchen, a meeting room, library, sunroom and on-site management offices. Williston Woods is a SASH location, with an on-site SASH coordinator.
- 112 manufactured homes on large lots
- Common Center with kitchen, exercise and meeting rooms
- Located near Taft Corners, churches, golf course, medical providers and banks
- Located 20 minutes from downtown Burlington and the University of Vermont Medical Center
- Discounted cable rates
- Social, cultural and recreational activities program
- Special Services Transportation Authority (SSTA) available
- Storage for RV’s and boats