Are you a compassionate individual with a heart for caregiving? We are looking for experienced professionals to assist residents who are physically and/or cognitively impaired. This person would help residents who need 24-hour oversight in one of our two professional caretaking properties: Cathedral Square Assisted Living and Memory Care at Allen Brook. Our caregivers are committed individuals who understand the importance of meeting the needs of residents by supporting them in maintaining a high quality of life. Giving support with daily activities and personal care includes mobility, dressing, eating, personal hygiene and administering medications.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent; LNA certification preferred
- Prior experience as a nursing assistant or aide to people who are elderly or disabled preferred
- Must be able to think, act and intervene appropriately in both routine and emergency situations
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; able to relate to a variety of people
- Able to communicate effectively through writing
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changes in the work environment and be able to lift, carry, stand, bend, squat, crawl, reach and kneel using good body mechanics for sustained periods of time
A Resident Assistant within Cathedral Square is dedicated to creating healthy relationships with residents and staff. In this role, you will attend required-trainings, participate in resident activity programs and cultivate an environment of love and support. Below is a brief description of Cathedral Square Assisted Living and Memory Care at Allen Brook.
Cathedral Square Assisted Living is attached to Cathedral Square Senior Living the original residential property in the heart of downtown Burlington. Cathedral Square Assisted Living houses between 40-43 residents at a time and operates within a tight structure. The caretaker best suited for this building enjoys organized days with lists of tasks to check off as they go. Staff meet monthly and work in groups to support the needs of residents effectively. Cathedral Square Assisted Living is seeking full/part-time days, evenings, nights and per diem shifts.
Memory Care at Allen Brook opened in 2017 and houses a total of 14 residents. Staff operates in a more informal fashion, allowing the wants and needs of residents to structure the day. If you are someone that is flexible and interested in a family setting then Memory Care at Allen Brook is perfect. Staff work closely to communicate the state of each resident’s needs and go above and beyond to remain engaged and present. Memory Care at Allen Brook is seeking part-time evenings and per diem hours.
All Cathedral Square employees demonstrate a commitment to our mission and values. TO APPLY FOR ANY POSITION, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Cathedral Square, 412 Farrell St., Suite 100, South Burlington, VT 05403.