The health and safety of our residents and staff is our top priority. In addition to our standard procedures, which consistently earn top scores for health and safety, At this time special precautions are in place as we work together to keep the coronavirus at bay. We are more frequently cleaning and sanitizing common surfaces, sanitizing residents’ apartments, social distancing, restricting or prohibiting visitors on a community-by-community basis and, where visitors are allowed, screening guests upon entry.
Resident Assistants at Cathedral are compassionate, positive, reliable staff who support residents in our assisted-living communities who are physically and/or cognitively impaired. They work as part of a casual yet professional, close-knit team at either our downtown Burlington assisted-living residence (Cathedral Square Assisted Living) or our specialized memory-care community in Williston (Memory Care at Allen Brook). They understand and value the need for residents to maintain a high quality of life. There is special reward in bringing joy and well-being to people in need. The work entails providing an open ear and helping with personal care and daily activities, including dressing, eating, hygiene and medications.
- Cathedral Square Assisted Living comprises three floors (and 40 apartments) in our original, flagship property, located on Cherry Street in downtown Burlington. Resident Assistants best suited for this community enjoy organized days with lists of tasks to check off as they go. Staff meet monthly and work in groups to support residents’ needs.
- Memory Care at Allen Brook in Williston houses 14 residents. Staff here operate more informally, structuring their days around the needs and wants of residents in a family-like setting.
- Compassion, positive attitude, strong work ethic, reliability, and ability to “go with the flow” as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to a variety of people
- Able to think, act and intervene appropriately in both routine and emergency situations
- Able to lift, carry, stand, bend, squat, crawl, reach and kneel using good body mechanics for sustained periods of time (think of the steps you’ll get in!)
- Able to communicate effectively in writing for the purpose of documentation and keeping records
- LNA certification and prior experience as a nursing assistant or aide to people who are elderly or disabled is a plus.
Hours and Location: Full time, part time or per diem. Days, evenings and nights. Cathedral Square Assisted Living in Burlington or Memory Care at Allen Brook in Williston