The Supervisor of Custodial Services will plan, organize and coordinate the activities related to the cleaning, care and maintenance of floors, restrooms, offices and common area for all CSC properties. He/she also supervises the Homemaker Service Providers. The Supervisor works collaborately with the Director of Maintenance and Supervisor of Maintenance regarding site needs in order to maintain quality housing for residents.
- Oversight of Custodial Services
- Plan, organize and coordinate activities related to the cleaning, care and maintenance of floors, restrooms, offices, common areas, etc. at all CSC properties.
- Visit and inspect properties for proper utilization of custodial time, materials and equipment.
- Assure proper custodial methods are followed and quality and quantity standards are maintained.
- Respond to emergency situations as needed.
- Coordinate with Property Managers on issues related to property cleanliness and/or staff issues.
- Fill in for direct reports as needed.
- Supervision of Staff
- Hire, discipline, evaluate and coach staff.
- Hold quarterly staff trainings on relevant topics
- Review and approve time off requests and determine staff schedule.
- Schedule daily job duties for custodial staff.
- Review and approve employee timesheets.
- Meets with staff and keeps employees informed of CSC information.
- Works with Resident Services Specialist and Director of Human Resources to further expand the Homemaker Services Program.
- Works with the Director of Maintenance and Director of Human Resources to recruit staff for the Homemaker Services Program and custodians at CSC’s various properties.
- Make recommendation to the Director of Maintenance on use of vendor services for cleaning.
- Custodial Supplies and Equipment
- Recommend purchase of materials and equipment for custodial duties.
- Meet with vendors to evaluate new products.
- Manage appropriate supply inventory at each location.
- Ensure staff has the appropriate cleaning supplies in order to efficiently carry out their duties.
- Use carpet extractor, floor buffer and various cleaning equipment. Train staff on use of equipment.
- Ensure cleaning equipment is in good working order.
- Ensure MSDS sheets are updated and available to staff.
- Provide training to staff on appropriate ergonomics.
- Other General Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends weekly staff meeting with Director of Maintenance.
- Assists the Director of Maintenance or Supervisor of Maintenance as needed with special projects.
- Maintains records and prepares reports as requested.
- Manages commercial cleaning contract for GWC offices
CSC Standards of Conduct:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of CSC.
- Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with co-workers, residents, families and vendors.
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of information related to residents, families, staff and general CSC operations.
- Communicates a positive image about CSC to the community.
- Conducts him/herself in a safe manner by adhering to all safety practices, rules and standards throughout the work day.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and proactively seeks to make improvements to systems and processes.
- Maintains a professional appearance that is appropriate for his/her position.
- Reports to work on time, completes time card accurately in Evoclock, provides advance notice for time off, and appropriately manages CTO time.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity in work habits and use of CSC resources.
- CSC’s mission and operations require that an employee is prepared to perform duties as assigned that may be outside his/her principal responsibilities.
Must possess a high school diploma and at least two to three years of progressively responsible custodial work experience. Must possess a valid Vermont driver’s license, dependable vehicle and clean driving record. He/she must be able to travel to property sites. Prior supervisory experience and computer skills in outlook and excel preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- This position requires considerable walking, lifting, bending stretching and squatting.
- He/she will work primarily in the field with some office work.
- Responds to emergency situations as needed.
- May fill in for direct reports as needed.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals, solvents and related fumes.
- May require some weekend or off-shift hours