Opened in October 2018, Allard Square offers 39 one- and two-bedroom apartments, with a mix of affordable and market-rate rents. Amenities include a lounge, community room with kitchen, exercise room, activity room, elevators, laundry facilities, covered parking and on-site storage. Three apartments are fully ADA accessible, and all apartments are adaptable. Located in South Burlington on Market Street near University Mall, the building was designed to meet Efficiency Vermont’s High-Performance Multifamily Building standard. Rent includes heat, air conditioning, hot water, laundry and electricity.
Like other Cathedral Square properties, Allard Square offers Support and Services at Home (SASH®) at no cost to residents. SASH is a care-coordination program that helps residents access the care they need to stay healthy and remain living safely at home, with support provided as needed by an on-site SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse.
Allard Square is named after Cathedral Square’s longest-tenured resident, Doris Allard, who has lived at the original Cathedral Square residence in Burlington, adjacent to the Cathedral Church of St. Paul, for nearly 40 years.
- 39 independent one- or two-bedroom apartments
- Located just off Dorset Street, close to shopping, the community library, and banking and medical services
- Covered parking
- Secured entry
- 24-hour emergency system
- Community laundry room on first floor, with laundry included in rent
- Central air conditioning
- On-site exercise room
- Individual storage compartments
- Large common rooms with fireplace and kitchen
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, cable television and internet service
- Discounted cable rates
- On-site SASH coordinator
- Wellness nurse visits
- Social, educational and recreational activities program