At Cathedral Square, we create homes, not just ‘housing.’
Founded in 1977, Cathedral Square is a national leader in affordable, service-enriched housing communities for older adults and people with special needs. We own or manage 25 affordable-housing communities in Vermont, provide technical assistance to other nonprofit housing providers, and administer our nationally recognized SASH® (Support and Services at Home) program statewide. For more than 40 years, we have doggedly pursued our mission to advance “healthy homes, caring communities and positive aging.”
At the heart of our mission and values is compassion for the least among us. We believe everyone has a right to decent, affordable housing and the supports they need to live out their days in health and security. Our caring staff treats everyone with kindness and respect, and makes them feel welcome and valued. At every level, we work collectively to ensure that each resident lives in a safe and supportive home that is exactly that — a home.
NEWS AROUND THE SQUARE
• We are raffling two season tickets (hockey or basketball — winner’s choice!) to the UVM Catamounts. Time’s running out to buy your ticker– learn more and enter to win.
• VHFA distributes federal tax credits to build hundreds of affordable apartments statewide, including Cathedral Square’s Juniper House. Learn more.
• Download our 2018 annual report.
• Cathedral Square resident Hope Lindsay, participating in Vermont’s “grow bOLD’ initiative, shares her views in an article in The Bridge.
• A new documentary by Thayer House resident Denis Mueller, “From Ike to Trump: the GOP and Race,” explores how the Republican Party has changed. Read about it in Seven Days.