About Our Housing
Security, comfort, accessibility, and affordability are key features of Cathedral Square communities. All are well-maintained and supported by our caring and professional staff. Services include our nationally recognized program of wellness and care coordination, SASH® (Support and Services at Home), which has been shown to improve health, help people remain living at home as they age, and save health care costs
- Our independent living communities feature spacious one- and two-bedroom apartments with community spaces for events and activities.
- Our licensed assisted-living apartments feature accessible baths, kitchenettes, all meals, personal-care services, on-site nursing services, medication management, activities, and transportation.
- Our housing options for people with diverse needs are offered in collaboration with our nonprofit partners ANEW Place, Howard Center, and UVM Health Network Home Health & Hospice.
All Cathedral Square communities are smoke-free and share these features and amenities:
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, internet, and cable TV
- Discounted cable rates
- Up to two pets allowed (only one dog)
- 24-hour emergency system
- Resident garden space
- Social, cultural, and recreational activities
- Community spaces for activities inspired by residents and supported by staff
- Special Services Transportation Authority (SSTA) or other accessible community transportation available
- Free on-site parking (covered or underground at some properties)
- Accessibility features throughout
Section 8 portable vouchers are accepted for all Cathedral Square homes that are not already subsidized. Many apartments have project-based rental assistance, which sets rent at 30% of household income, just like Section 8 vouchers. Tax-credit apartments, with lower-than-market-rate rents, are available as well.
All Cathedral Square homes have eligibility requirements. Some are for those at least 55 years old, some are for people 62 and older or disabled, and some are exclusively for people of any age who need extra support or special accommodations. Many communities also offer market-rate apartments, which may have income requirements as well.