Cathedral Square Senior Living (CSSL) community offers the benefits of independent and assisted living at a choice location overlooking Lake Champlain in downtown Burlington. Conveniently located near the University of Vermont and the UVM Medical Center, the community offers 80 independent-living apartments, as well as 28 assisted-living homes. All apartments are designed to be affordable to households with a variety of incomes.
Constructed in 1979 with funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)’s 202 Program, the independent living apartments are designed for people who are age 62 or older. The assisted-living homes are available to residents who require assistance with personal care activities and offers supportive services including daily meals, housekeeping services, and recreational and social activities. The assisted-living program offers a continuum of care to all residents.
CSSL is located at 3 Cathedral Square, at the corner of Cherry and Battery streets and directly across from Hotel Vermont. There is an active Residents Association comprised of artists and community-minded people who enjoy all the area has to offer and strive to live life to the fullest.
- 80 independent-living, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Many apartments have views of Lake Champlain
- Laundry facilities on every floor
- Discounted cable rates
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, cable television and internet service
- 24-hour emergency system
- Assisted-living apartments offer 24-hour awake personal care, medication reminders and nursing oversight
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- On Green Mountain Transit bus line
- Resident garden space
- Social, cultural and recreational activities program
- Special Services Transportation Authority (SSTA) available
- Three daily meals prepared by our chef and offered in the dining room
- Wellness center with whirlpool bath
- Secured entry
- On-site SASH coordinator
- Smoke-free housing