Cathedral Square Senior Living (CSSL) community offers the benefits of independent living at a choice location overlooking Lake Champlain in downtown Burlington. Conveniently located near the University of Vermont and the UVM Medical Center, the community offers 68 independent-living apartments, all of which are designed to be affordable to households with a variety of incomes.
Constructed in 1979 with funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)’s 202 Program, the independent living apartments are designed for people 55 and older.
Attached to this building is Cathedral Square Assisted Living, available to those who require assistance with personal care activities and offers supportive services.
Cathedral Square Senior Living is located at 3 Cathedral Square, at the corner of Cherry and Battery streets and directly across from Hotel Vermont. There is an active Residents Association comprised of artists and community-minded people who enjoy all the area has to offer and strive to live life to the fullest.
- 68 independent-living, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Many apartments have views of Lake Champlain
- Laundry facilities on every floor
- Discounted cable rates
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, cable television and internet service
- 24-hour emergency system
- On Green Mountain Transit bus line
- Resident garden space
- Social, cultural and recreational activities
- Special Services Transportation Authority (SSTA) available
- Secured entry
- On-site SASH coordinator
- Smoke-free housing