Located in the scenic hill section of Burlington, McAuley Square offers residents privacy, security and affordability on an attractive six-acre site within walking distance of Vermont’s only academic medical center and the University of Vermont. Easy access to transportation, quality medical care, restaurants and shops on Burlington’s Church Street Marketplace and cultural and social events make McAuley Square an ideal location.
McAuley Square is part of a multigenerational community providing housing for young mothers and parents returning to school. Multigenerational housing allows adults over the age of 55 to remain in a neighborhood setting with families and young children.
This property offers tax-credit and market-rate homes and some subsidized apartments. McAuley Square also accepts Section 8 vouchers and is a SASH location, with an on-site SASH coordinator. To be eligible for consideration you need to apply to Cathedral Square and Burlington Housing Authority.
- 55 one- and two- bedroom apartments
- Located close to downtown Burlington, University of Vermont, UVM Medical Center, shopping centers, churches and Lake Champlain
- Utilities included in rent except telephone, cable television and internet service
- Resident garden space and fitness room
- Community rooms: living, dining and library with computer
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Discounted cable rates
- Covered parking
- Social, cultural and recreational activities program
- Secured entry
- Weekly wellness nursing visits
- On Green Mountain Transit bus line
- Special Services Transportation Authority (SSTA) available
- 24-hour maintenance emergency system
- On-site SASH coordinator
- Smoke-free housing