Whitney Hill Homestead is designed in the style of an extended farmhouse with long porches and courtyards. It provides a warm and gracious setting for those 55 and older who wish to combine independent living with reduced maintenance. With its pastoral setting, Whitney Hill offers a relaxed environment close to Williston’s bike path and the Taft Corners shopping area. Whitney Hill is designed to be an affordable home for older adults with a variety of incomes.
This property offers tax-credit and market-rate homes and accepts Section 8 vouchers. Whitney Hill Homestead is a SASH location, with an on-site SASH coordinator.
- 44 independent living one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Located near Taft Corners, churches, golf course, medical providers and banks
- Located 20 minutes from downtown Burlington and the University of Vermont Medical Center
- Community room with kitchen
- Resident garden space
- On-site SASH coordinator
- Social, cultural and recreational activities program
- Wellness nursing visits
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, cable television and internet service
- Discounted cable rates
- Special Services Transportation Authority (SSTA) available
- 24-hour maintenance emergency system
- On-site parking
- Reduced cost of Lifeline® service available to residents