Cathedral Square Assisted Living
Cathedral Square Assisted Living, occupying three floors within Cathedral Square Senior Living, offers the benefits of assisted living at a choice location overlooking Lake Champlain in downtown Burlington. Conveniently located near the University of Vermont and University of Vermont Medical Center, the community offers 40 assisted living homes designed to be affordable to households with a variety of incomes. The assisted-living apartments are available to residents who require assistance with personal care. Services including daily meals, housekeeping services, recreational and social activities, and a continuum of care for all residents.
Cathedral Square Assisted Living is open to all ages and is a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse. Both market-rate and subsidized apartments are available, and like all Cathedral Square communities, Section 8 vouchers are welcome.
- 40 assisted-living efficiency and one-bedroom apartments with kitchenettes
- All utilities included except telephone, internet and cable TV; discounted cable rates available
- Social, cultural and recreational programming
- Three daily meals plus snacks
- Resident garden space
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Hair salon and whirlpool bath
- 24-hour personal care and medication management
- Nursing oversight
- Close to UVM Medical Center
- On the Green Mountain Transit bus line; Special Services Transportation Authority (SSTA) transportation available
- 24-hour emergency maintenance services
- Secured entry
Residents must be 62 or older OR disabled. Households with a maximum annual income of $40,320 for one person or $46,080 for two are eligible for subsidized apartments, which cap rent at 30% of income. Applicants with annual incomes above this amount qualify for market-rate apartments, for which monthly rent is $1,248. (These are the 2021 limits.) Preference is given to residents of Cathedral Square Senior Living and other Cathedral Square communities.
From I-89 take exit 14W and follow signs for downtown Burlington, continuing on Main Street to Battery Street. Turn right and take the next right onto Cherry Street, then make an immediate left into Three Cathedral Square, just past the Cathedral Church of St. Paul.
- Assisted Living
- SubsidizedMarket Rate
- 1 BedroomEfficiency
- 26-50 homes
- All Ages