Elm Place, located in the heart of Milton, opened in March 2017 and features 30 affordable, one-bedroom apartments for adults 55 and older. Two apartments are fully ADA accessible, and all are ADA adaptable. Built to high energy-efficiency standards, Elm Place is the first multifamily “passive house” building in Vermont and among the first in New England.
This community offers tax-credit and market-rate homes and some subsidized apartments. Elm Place is a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse. Like all Cathedral Square communities, Elm Place accepts Section 8 vouchers.
- 30 one-bedroom apartments
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, internet and cable TV; discounted cable rates available
- On-site SASH coordinator, with a part-time wellness nurse and social, educational and recreational programming
- Central air conditioning
- Free on-site laundry
- Exercise room
- Large community room with fireplace and kitchen
- Walking paths and raised garden beds
- Within walking distance of library, senior center, health clinic, shopping center and other services
- On Green Mountain Transit bus line; SSTA transportation available
- Secured entry
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
Residents must be 55 or older. Households with a maximum annual income of $40,320 for one person or $46,080 for two are eligible for subsidized apartments, which cap rent at 30% of income. (These limits are as of June 2021.) Section 8 portable vouchers, which also cap rent at 30% of income, are welcome for all other apartments.
From I-89 take Exit 17 and turn heading to Milton. Turn left onto Route 7 and proceed about four miles. As the road curves left, Bombardier Road will be on your right. Turn onto Bombardier Road and proceed a third of mile to Elm Place on your left.
- Independent Living
- SubsidizedMarket RateTax Credit
- 1 Bedroom
- 26-50 homes