Four Winds offers 44 homes centrally located to shopping, entertainment, banks and the Northwestern Medical Center. Each has an individual entry accessible from the parking area and comes with 24-hour access to the community building and laundry facilities. Four Winds is located only a short distance from St. Albans Bay with scenic views of Lake Champlain and the surrounding mountains. The community also boasts 4.8 acres of green space to enjoy a walk or picnic with a friend.
This community offers some subsidized homes and is open to adults 62 and older and to adults of all ages who have a disability. Four Winds is a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse.
- 44 one-bedroom apartments with private entrances
- Community building with kitchen and laundry facilities
- Located near medical providers, shopping and services
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, internet and cable TV; discounted cable rates available
- On-site SASH coordinator, with a part-time wellness nurse and social, educational and recreational programming
- Served by Senior Network bus service
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
Residents must be 62 or older OR disabled. All apartments have rental assistance through USDA Rural Development, which caps annual household income at 80% of the area median income. Residents pay 30% of their household income for rent. Preference is given to residents who are in Rural Development’s “very low income” category, which caps household income at $32,150 for one person or $36,750 for two. (These limits are as of 2020.)
Take Exit 19 from I-89 and go straight through the first set of lights toward US-7. At the intersection with US-7, turn right and continue about 1.3 miles. Turn left on Lower Newton Street, and at the bend in the road, turn left onto North Elm Street. Four Winds is on the left.
- Independent Living
- 1 Bedroom
- 26-50 homes
- 62+ or Disabled