Grand Way Commons
Located on Farrell Street just off of Shelburne Road, Grand Way Commons offers 91 one- and two-bedroom apartments. Part of the first floor is home to the main offices of Cathedral Square, HomeShare Vermont, the United Way of Northwest Vermont and the UVM Home Health & Hospice’s Adult Day Program. The day program is available to the public as well as to residents at Grand Way, providing a place for older adults with physical or mental limitations to socialize, recreate and participate in activities in a safe and supervised setting.
There is a commercial kitchen and a kitchen/dining/community room and lounge for residents on the first floor. Supermarkets, pharmacies, eateries and retail stores are located just across the street.
Grand Way is a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse. It offers tax-credit and subsidized apartments and, like all Cathedral Square communities, accepts Section 8 vouchers for apartments that are not already subsidized.
- 91 independent one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Located just off Shelburne Road, adjacent to shopping, health club and pharmacy, and close to downtown Burlington and the UVM Medical Center
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, internet and cable TV; discounted cable rates available
- On-site SASH coordinator, with a part-time wellness nurse and social, educational and recreational programming
- Laundry facilities on every floor
- VNA Adult Day Program on site
- Secured entry
- Green Mountain Transit bus stop one block away; SSTA transportation available
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
For a tax-credit apartment, applicants must be 55 or older and have a maximum annual household income of $40,620 for one person or $46,380 for two. For a subsidized apartment, which caps rent at 30% of income, applicants must be 62 or older and have a maximum annual household income of $33,600 for one person or $38,400 for two. (These are the 2020 limits.) Section 8 portable vouchers, which also cap rent at 30% of income, may be used for tax-credit apartments. (These limits are as of June 2021.)
From I-89 take Exit 13 onto I-189 and proceed in the right lane. Just before the stop light, bear right onto Shelburne Road, (Route 7 North). At the second traffic light, turn right onto Farrell Street. Grand Way Commons will be on the left, just past Walgreens.
- Independent Living
- Tax CreditSubsidized
- 1 Bedroom2 Bedrooms
- 76-100 homes