Currently under construction and anticipated to open in late March 2021, Juniper House is part of the evolving Cambrian Rise neighborhood on North Avenue in Burlington, just a mile from the Church Street Marketplace. This mixed-income community will offer one- and two-bedroom apartments at subsidized, tax-credit and market-rate rents. (All two-bedroom apartments are market rate.) There will be several lounges, a community room with kitchen, an activity room for group exercise and other programs, underground parking, and outdoor garden spaces. Juniper House will be a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse.
- 70 one- and two-bedroom apartments, with some fully ADA-accessible and all ADA-adaptable
- All utilities (including air conditioning) included in rent except telephone and cable TV; discounted cable rates available
- On-site SASH coordinator, with a part-time wellness nurse and social, educational and recreational programming
- Lounges, community room with kitchen, activity room and outdoor garden beds
- Laundry room, free to use
- Underground parking
- Adjacent to park and Burlington bike path
- Meets Burlington Electric Department’s “High Performance Multifamily Building Standard for energy efficiency
- Secured entry
- On Green Mountain Transit bus route; SSTA transportation available
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
Residents must be 55 or older. Households with a maximum annual income of $32,100 for one person or $36,700 for two are eligible for subsidized apartments, which cap rent at 30% of income. Income limits for a tax-credit apartment renting at $860/month are $32,100 for one person and $36,700 for two. Income limits for a tax-credit apartment renting at $900/month are $38,520 for one person and $44,040 for two. Household income range for a market-rate apartment (whether one person or two) is between $51,350 and $77,040. (These are the 2020 limits.) Section 8 portable vouchers may be used for tax-credit apartments.
From I-89 take Exit 14W and follow signs for downtown Burlington, continuing on Main Street toward Lake Champlain. Turn right on Battery Street. Take the mandatory left as you pass by Battery Park. The road curves to the right at the police station and becomes North Avenue. Continue on North Avenue about one mile and Juniper House will be on the left, across from the gas station convenience store. To reach the main entrance, turn left on Cambrian Way and left again into the parking lot.
- Independent Living
- SubsidizedMarket RateTax Credit
- 1 Bedroom2 Bedrooms
- 51-75 homes