McAuley Square offers privacy, security and affordability on an attractive, six-acre site within walking distance of Vermont’s only academic medical center and the University of Vermont. Easy access to transportation, quality medical care, and the restaurants, shops and events of downtown Burlington make McAuley Square an ideal location.
McAuley Square is part of a multigenerational community providing housing for young parents returning to school and for participants in the transitional-housing programs of ANEW Place. This community offers tax-credit and market-rate homes as well as some subsidized apartments. Section 8 vouchers are welcome.
McAuley Square is a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse. In order to be eligible for housing here, you must apply to both Cathedral Square and the Burlington Housing Authority.
- 55 one- and two- bedroom apartments
- Located close to downtown Burlington, University of Vermont, UVM Medical Center, shopping centers, churches and Lake Champlain
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, internet and cable TV; discounted cable rates available Elevator
- Secured storage
- Resident garden space and fitness room
- Community rooms: living, dining and library with computer
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Covered parking
- On-site SASH coordinator, with regular visits by wellness nurse
- Social, cultural and recreational programs
- Hair salon
- Secured entry
- On Green Mountain Transit bus line; SSTA transportation available
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
Residents must be 55 or older. For a subsidized apartment, which caps rent at 30% of household income, the maximum household income is $39,800 for one person or $45,450 for two. These limits are as of June 2023. Households with a maximum annual income of $48,960 for one person or $55,920 for two are eligible for tax-credit apartments. Section 8 portable vouchers, which also cap rent at 30% of income, are welcome for all other apartments.
Take exit 14 West off I-89 onto Williston Road. Pass through one set of lights and then turn right onto East Avenue, just before the next set of lights. At the second light, make a left onto Colchester Avenue and stay in the right lane. Turn right onto Mansfield Avenue. McAuley Square is on the right just before the road comes to an end.
- Independent Living
- SubsidizedMarket RateTax Credit
- 1 Bedroom2 Bedrooms
- 51-75 homes