Memory Care at Allen Brook
Memory Care at Allen Brook, conveniently located in Williston, opened in December 2017. Designed to meet best-practice models for memory care, the residence provides a safe and welcoming environment that feels like home, with 14 subsidized, studio apartments affordable to households on Medicaid. Our round-the-clock staff, trained in the Best Friends™ approach to memory care, provides compassionate care and stimulating activities.
On-site amenities include specially designed common areas, a therapeutic sensory garden with a stone fountain and secure walking loops, and a screened porch to enjoy in warmer weather. In addition to daily care from our highly trained and supportive staff, residents enjoy meals from our Vermont Fresh Network kitchen, medication assistance, on-site telehealth, housekeeping and transportation services. Like all Cathedral Square residences, Allen Brook offers a smoke-free environment.
- 14 single-room-occupancy studio apartments with private half-baths
- Convenient location in Williston close to Tafts Corner and I-89
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, cable and internet; discounted satellite TV rates available
- Large community and dining room, activity room and quiet lounge
- Social, cultural and recreational programming
- Resident garden 24-hour personal care
- Medication management
- Nursing oversight
- Three daily meals prepared on-site and served in a common dining room
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Secured entries
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
Residents must be 62 or older OR disabled. Medicaid recipients are welcome. In order to qualify for a subsidized apartment, the maximum annual household income is $33,600 for one person or $38,400 for two. (These are the 2020 limits.) Residents must meet admission criteria, including but not limited to a diagnosis of dementia. Preference is given to residents of Cathedral Square communities and the University of Vermont Medical Center.
From I-89 take Exit 12 and turn on Route 2A toward Essex Junction. Proceed to the intersection with Route 2 at Tafts Corner and turn right onto Route 2. Proceed east about 0.3 mile. Turn left on Talcott Road and continue for 0.2 mile, then turn left onto Allen Brook Lane. Memory Care at Allen Brook is directly ahead.
- Assisted Living
- 0-25 homes
- All Ages