Opened in February 2009, Town Meadow has 48 fully accessible homes for adults 55 and older. It is conveniently located by the "Essex Experience," with grocery stores, a post office, restaurants and retail shops just steps away. Other features include large community room and kitchen, both underground and surface parking, central air conditioning and beautiful views of the Green Mountains.
Town Meadow is a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse. It offers tax-credit and subsidized apartments. Section 8 portable vouchers are welcome.
- 43 one-bedroom and 5 two-bedroom apartments
- Located adjacent to the Essex Shoppes & Cinema, near Routes 289 and 15
- Close to shopping and services
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, internet and cable TV; discounted cable rates available
- On-site SASH coordinator, with a part-time wellness nurse and social, educational and recreational programming
- Central air conditioning
- Large common room, library and wellness center
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Fireplace in common space
- Hair salon
- Close to nature path
- Served by the Green Mountain Transit bus line and the Essex senior van
- Underground and on-site parking
- Secured entry
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
For a tax-credit apartment, applicants must be 55 or older and have a maximum annual household income of $47,760 for one person or $54,540 for two. For a subsidized apartment, which caps rent at 30% of income, applicants must be 62 or older and have a maximum annual household income of $39,800 for one person or $45,450 for two. These limits are as of June 2023. Section 8 portable vouchers, which also cap rent at 30% of income, may be used for tax-credit apartments.
From I-89 take Exit 15 (Winooski and Essex Junction). Turn right on to VT-15 and proceed about 2 miles to Susie Wilson Road. Turn left proceed in the right lane onto VT-289. Take the second exit and turn left on to Essex Way. Proceed past the post office on the right, then turn left onto Carmichael Street. Town Meadow will be on your right.
- Independent Living
- SubsidizedTax Credit
- 1 Bedroom2 Bedrooms
- 26-50 homes