Whitcomb Woods offers 65 homes designed to meet the needs of individuals who are 62 and older or disabled. The community is located about one mile from the Five Corners in Essex. Nestled in a neighborhood of single-family homes, Whitcomb Woods is surrounded by wooded areas and the Winooski River. This community offers subsidized apartments and is a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse.
- 65 independent living one- and two-bedroom apartments, most with private deck or patio
- Located near churches, shopping centers, medical providers and banks; 10 minutes from downtown Burlington and the UVM Medical Center
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, internet and cable TV; discounted cable rates available
- On-site SASH coordinator, with a part-time wellness nurse and social, educational and recreational programming
- Common room with fireplace, pool table and kitchen
- SSTA transportation available
- Close to nature paths
- Secured entry
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
Residents must be 62 or older OR disabled and have a maximum household income of $48,960 for one person or $55,920 for two, as all apartments are subsidized. These limits are as of June 2023. Rent is capped at 30% of household income.
From I-89 northbound, take Exit 15 (Winooski and Essex Junction) and bear right onto Route 15. Continue past St. Michael’s College, Fort Ethan Allen on your left. After the intersection with Susie Wilson Road, turn right onto West Street at the next traffic light. Turn left at the stop sign. Just past the entrance to Whitcomb Terrace, turn right into Whitcomb Woods.
- Independent Living
- 1 Bedroom2 Bedrooms
- 51-75 homes
- 62+ or Disabled