Whitney Hill Homestead
Whitney Hill Homestead offers the ambiance of an extended farmhouse with long porches and courtyards. It is located in a pastoral, relaxing setting in Williston that is close to the town bike path as well as the shops, services and restaurants around Taft Corners. Whitney Hill offers tax- credit and market-rate homes and, like all Cathedral Square communities, accepts Section 8 vouchers. Whitney Hill Homestead is a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse.
- 44 one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Located near the shops and services of Taft Corners, medical providers, banks, golf course and churches; 20 minutes from downtown Burlington and the UVM Medical Center
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, internet and cable TV; discounted cable rates available
- On-site SASH coordinator, with a part-time wellness nurse and social, educational and recreational programming
- Community room with kitchen
- Resident garden space
- Special Services Transportation Authority (SSTA) available
- 24-hour maintenance emergency system
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
Residents must be 55 or older. Maximum household Income for a subsidized apartment, which caps rent at 30% of income, is $40,320 for one person or $46,080 for two. Maximum household Income for a tax-credit apartment also is $40,320 for one person or $46,080 for two. (These limits are as of June 2021.) Section 8 portable vouchers, which also cap rent at 30% of income, may be used for tax-credit apartments.
From I-89 take Exit 12 and follow signs for Route 2A toward Essex Junction. At Taft Corners, by Friendly’s Restaurant, turn right onto Route 2. Drive 1.7 miles East on Route 2. Turn right onto Whitney Hill Road. Follow this road through the community. Visitor parking is at the far end of the site.
- Independent Living
- SubsidizedMarket RateTax Credit
- 1 Bedroom2 Bedrooms
- 26-50 homes