In 1993, Cathedral Square helped the homeowners of Williston Woods, a community of 112 manufactured homes for people age 55 and older form a housing cooperative. The following year, the cooperative purchased the land and Cathedral Square became the manager. The cooperative is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of residents.
Lots are wooded and surrounded by open land. The activity center includes a large community room, commercial kitchen, a meeting room, library, sunroom and on-site management offices. Residents are encouraged to participate in the committees that organize many recreational and social activities. Williston Woods is a SASH® location, providing access to programming and wellness support from a SASH Coordinator and Wellness Nurse who serve the Williston community.
- 112 privately owned homes on large lots surrounded by woods
- Activity Center with kitchen and meeting rooms
- Located near golf course and Taft Corners, with abundant shopping, services, medical providers and churches
- Discounted cable rates
- Social, cultural and recreational activities program
- Special Services Transportation Authority (SSTA) available
- Storage for RVs and boats
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
Residents must be 55 or older, a member of the housing cooperative and a homeowner.
From I-89 take Exit 12 and follow signs on Route 2A toward Essex Junction. At the intersection with Route 2 at Taft Corners, turn right onto Route 2. Proceed east through Williston Village, then turn left onto North Williston Road. In approximately 2 miles the road winds through a wooded area. Williston Woods Road, which leads to the housing
community, is on the left.
- Home-Ownership Co-op
- 1 Bedroom2 Bedrooms
- 100+ homes