Opened in July 2014 and offering 36 one-bedroom apartments, Wright House is part of the new Harrington Village neighborhood near the heart of Shelburne. It is supported by solar panels that generate 30KW of electricity and has achieved National Green Building Standards “Gold” and Enterprise “Green” certifications. Wright House is a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse. All apartments are subsidized, so income limits apply.
- 36 one-bedroom apartments
- Large common rooms with fireplace and kitchen
- Central air conditioning
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, internet and cable TV; discounted cable rates available
- On-site SASH coordinator, with a part-time wellness nurse and social, educational and recreational programming
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Exercise room
- Hair salon
- Within walking distance of shopping, bike path and church
- Walking paths and raised garden beds
- Underground and on-site parking
- Secured entry
- On Green Mountain Transit bus route; SSTA transportation available
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
At least one applicant must be 62 years of age or older OR disabled. Maximum household income is $56,900 for one person or $64,250 for two, as all apartments are subsidized. Preference is given to applicants with a maximum household income of $32,150 for one person or $36,750 for two. (These are the 2020 limits.) Rent is capped at 30% of household income.
From I-89 in South Burlington, take the exit to I-189 (Exit 13 if traveling north). At the end, turn left onto Shelburne Road (Route 7 South). Proceed about five miles, go down the hill into Shelburne, and Harrington Avenue will be on the left just before the traffic light.
- Independent Living
- 1 Bedroom
- 26-50 homes
- 62+ or Disabled