Opened in October 2018, Allard Square offers 39 one- and two-bedroom apartments, with a mix of affordable and market-rate rents. Amenities include a lounge, community room with kitchen, exercise room, activity room, elevators, laundry facilities, covered parking and on-site storage. Three apartments are fully ADA accessible, and all apartments are adaptable. Located in South Burlington on Market Street near University Mall, the building was designed to meet Efficiency Vermont’s High-Performance Multifamily Building standard. Rent includes heat, air conditioning, hot water, laundry and electricity.
Allard Square is named after Cathedral Square's longest-tenured resident, Doris Allard, who lived at the original Cathedral Square residence in Burlington, adjacent to the Cathedral Church of St. Paul, for nearly 40 years.
This property offers tax-credit and market-rate homes and some subsidized apartments. Allard Square also accepts Section 8 vouchers and is a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse.
- 39 one- or two-bedroom apartments
- Located just off Dorset Street, close to shopping, the community library, and banking and medical services
- Covered parking
- Secured entry
- Large common rooms with fireplace and kitchen
- Community laundry room on first floor, with laundry included in rent
- Central air conditioning
- On-site exercise room
- Secured, individual storage compartments
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, internet and cable TV; discounted cable rates available
- On-site SASH coordinator, with a part-time wellness nurse and social, educational and recreational programming
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
Residents must be 55 or older. Households with a maximum annual income of $38,580 for one person or $44,100 for two are eligible for tax-credit apartments. Households with a maximum annual income of $32,100 for one person or $36,700 for two are eligible for subsidized apartments, which cap rent at 30% of income. (These are the 2020 limits.) Section 8 portable vouchers, which also cap rent at 30% of income, may be used for tax-credit apartments.
From I-89 take Exit 14E and take the first right onto Dorset Street. Turn left at the second light, just past the Anchorage Inn. Allard Square is the first tall building on the left.
- Independent Living
- SubsidizedMarket RateTax Credit
- 1 Bedroom2 Bedrooms
- 26-50 homes