Cathedral Square Senior Living
Cathedral Square Senior Living (CSSL) community offers the benefits of independent living at a choice location overlooking Lake Champlain in downtown Burlington. Conveniently located near the University of Vermont and the UVM Medical Center, the community offers 68 independent-living apartments, all of which are designed to be affordable to households with a variety of incomes.
Constructed in 1979, it is the first housing community developed by Cathedral Square, which had been founded two years earlier by the neighboring Cathedral Church of St. Paul. Three floors of this building comprise Cathedral Square Assisted Living, available to those who require assistance with personal care and other supports.
Cathedral Square Senior Living is located directly across from Hotel Vermont on Cherry Street. It is a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse. There is an active Residents Association comprised of artists and community-minded people who enjoy all the area has to offer and strive to live life to the fullest.
- 68 one- and two-bedroom apartments, many with views of Lake Champlain
- Top floor community space with library and scenic views
- Laundry facilities on every floor
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, internet and cable TV; discounted cable rates available
- On-site SASH coordinator, with a part-time wellness nurse and social, educational and recreational programming
- Hair salon
- Resident garden space
- Located on the Green Mountain Transit bus line
- Close to Green Mountain Transit transportation hub; SSTA transportation available
- Secured entry
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
Residents must be 62 or older OR disabled. Income restrictions apply, as all apartments are subsidized. Households with a maximum annual income of $40,320 for one person or $46,080 for two are eligible for these apartments, which cap rent at 30% of income. (These limits are as of June 2021.)
From I-89 take Exit 14W and follow signs for downtown Burlington, continuing on Main Street towards Lake Champlain. Turn right on Battery Street, continue up past the Hilton Hotel and take an immediate right onto Cherry Street. Then make an immediate left into Three Cathedral Square.
- Independent Living
- SubsidizedTax Credit
- 1 Bedroom2 Bedrooms
- 51-75 homes