Heineberg Senior Housing
Heineberg Senior Housing is located in a quiet, single-family neighborhood in the New North End of Burlington. Heineberg is designed to be affordable for adults over the age of 55 with a variety of incomes. The community is located just three miles from downtown Burlington, with convenient access to North Avenue and the Ethan Allen Shopping Center.
Heineberg Senior Housing is an active and vibrant community. It is close to the Burlington bike path, offering miles of paved trails with stunning views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains. Right next door is the Heineberg Community Senior Center is located adjacent to this community, offering many social and recreational activities.
This community is a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse. It offers tax-credit and market-rate homes and, like all Cathedral Square communities, accepts Section 8 vouchers
- 82 one- or two-bedroom apartments
- Within walking distance of stores, Catholic church, pharmacies, bike path and Lake Champlain
- All utilities included except telephone, internet and cable TV; discounted cable rates available
- On-site parking
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Heineberg Community & Senior Center located next door
- Hair salon
- Social, cultural and recreational activities
- Common room with library and computer
- Community room and kitchen
- On-site SASH coordinator, with a part-time wellness nurse and social, educational and recreational programming
- Screened porch
- Raised garden beds
- Secured entry
- Green Mountain Transit bus stop at property; SSTA transportation available
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
Residents must be 55 or older. For a tax-credit apartment, the maximum annual household income is $48,960 for one person and $55,920 for two. These limits are as June 2023. Section 8 portable vouchers, which cap rent at 30% of household income, are welcome.
From I-89 take Exit 14W and follow signs for downtown Burlington, continuing on Main Street toward the lake. Turn right onto Battery Street, take a left at the second light onto North Avenue. Continue down North Avenue, past the high school and the shopping center, at the light after the shopping center take a right onto Heineberg Road. Heineberg Senior Housing is on the left.
- Independent Living
- Tax CreditMarket Rate
- 1 Bedroom2 Bedrooms
- 76-100 homes