Holy Cross Senior Housing
Nestled in a quiet wooded setting and close to Lake Champlain, Holy Cross Senior Housing offers 40 independent apartments for people 55 and older. It is located within minutes from Burlington, with extensive shopping, restaurants, cultural events and entertainment. Residents of Holy Cross cultivate beautiful gardens in raised beds, socialize in the outdoor gazebo and access Colchester’s extensive network of walking and nature paths.
Holy Cross Senior Housing was built on land donated by neighboring Holy Cross Church and opened in 1997. The community offers tax-credit and market-rate homes. Holy Cross also accepts Section 8 vouchers and is a SASH® location, with a full-time SASH coordinator and part-time wellness nurse.
- 36 one-bedroom and 4 two-bedroom apartments
- Located near parks, a shopping center, grocery store and pharmacy
- Close to the University of Vermont, UVM Medical Center and downtown Burlington
- All utilities included in rent except telephone, internet and cable TV; discounted cable rates available
- On-site SASH coordinator, with a part-time wellness nurse and social, educational and recreational programming
- Community room with kitchen
- Craft room
- Hair salon
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Secured storage
- Resident garden space
- SSTA transportation available
- On-site parking
- Secured entry
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
Residents must be 55 or older. Households with a maximum annual income of $40,620 for one person or $46,380 for two are eligible for tax-credit apartments. (These limits are as of June 2021.) Section 8 portable vouchers, which cap rent at 30% of household income, are welcome. Preference is given to Colchester residents.
From I-89 take Exit 16 and turn right onto Roosevelt Highway/Rte. 7. At the four way intersection of Blakely Road, Severance Road and Rte. 7, turn left onto Blakely Road (Rte. 127). Continue alongside Lake Champlain, then turn left onto Church Road. Proceed about 0.5 mile, then turn right into the entrance to Holy Cross Senior Housing and follow the long driveway to your destination.
- Independent Living
- Market RateTax Credit
- 1 Bedroom2 Bedrooms
- 26-50 homes